Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Today I made red velvet cupcakes for my baking at home task. I made them with Edmond's packet but I still needed to add other ingredients. First I lined the cupcake tin with cupcakes cases. Then I put the cupcake mix into a small mixing bowl. After that I put 2 eggs 1/2 cup of milk and 60 grams of butter. Then I Mixed it with an electronic mixer and that was the cupcake mix. After that I filled the cases with the mixture and put them in the oven for 22 minutes. I took them out and let them cool down and started on the icing. I put the icing packet, 60 grams of butter and 4 tsp of milk in the bowl. After that I used an electronic mixer and mixed it all together and iced the cupcakes. They tasted really good. Here are some photos:




2 comments:

  1. Great to see you working in the kitchen at home, Cody. A good idea using a packet cake mix for practice. The instructions are clear and easy to follow with consistent results.
    Your Challenge is now to do some Baking from a recipe of your choice, which requires you demonstrate more of your skills. Check out Year 9 Baking at Home Task for the details. I look forward to seeing the results!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Those look great Cody! Red velvet are my favourite type of cupcakes. Great to see the effort you're putting in to all of your courses. I can't wait to see what else you will cook up at home. Make sure you post more great photos.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about